Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
The Account Executive (AE) at Blend owns driving the growth of our customers across our platform of products and services. The AE is the leader of our incredible account team and works with customer executives to identify, position, and sell innovation into the world largest Banks, Credit Unions, and Independent Mortgage Banks (IMBs).
Blend started in 2012 focused on the Mortgage originations process (e.g., how to apply for and get a mortgage). We redefined the process for millions of consumers and hundreds of Banks, Credit Unions, and IMBs. We now process ~ 20% of all mortgages in the United States and are rapidly expanding into other origination products such as deposit accounts, auto lending, personal lending, and credit cards. Our customer base represents not only the largest but the most innovative financial institutions in the industry.
The role of the AE is central to our ongoing growth. As a consumption based revenue company, Blend grows by signing new logos, expanding within existing accounts, and growing utilization of previously sold products. At Blend, the AE can target all of these growth opportunities and balance both new business and existing account expansion to drive results.
Note: This is NOT a remote role, you must be able to commute to the San Francisco, CA office.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Work with your SDR to prospect and sell new customers into Blend
- Expand your existing customers into additional products (we have an incredible suite of 7+ products to sell)
- Renew existing contracts, expanding organically at each opportunity
- Monitor deployments of products to ensure revenue and growth is unlocked quickly
- Maintain deep executive relationships at all your accounts to ensure we can influence new opportunities and drive the maximum success from existing implementations
- Work collaboratively with the account team including the Customer Success Manager, Solutions Engineer, Professional Services team, and Support team to quarterback any issues that present a risk to growth in your accounts
Who You Are:
- Minimum 2-4 years relevant experience as a seller in a high growth Saas company, preferably with some experience in other consumption based revenue companies
- Can articulate an inspirational vision for customers that promotes action
- Constantly brings conversations back to the value we provide; uses metrics and business KPIs to measure this value and overcome customers objections
- Success minded: you want to build a large book of business that you can grow over years, not sell one deal and move on
- Ability to get in the weeds with customers and internal teams and push for resolution on complex products; you don’t need to be the technical expert but you need to work with them
- Experience in the lending or financial services industry ideal but not required
- Role is remote but high travel (up to 70% of the time)
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring compensation range (OTE = Base + Variable at 50/50 split) for this position is $158,400. Blend benefits and perks are described below.
Final pay offer amounts will vary depending on multiple factors, including but not limited to function, level, geographic location, job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay will be adjusted for part-time roles to reflect scheduled hours.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity
- 401 (k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more