Sr. Vice President, Sales
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built’s platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean’s 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
The SVP of Sales will create and implement all of the sales strategies for Built to achieve our business goals. They will think strategically to design and build scalable processes, institute sales best practices, develop talent, and lead the team to hitting revenue targets as Built continues to scale. This leader will partner with the sales team and other executives to research new business opportunities.
On a day to day, the SVP of Sales will monitor and evaluate the sales team’s operating performance and ensure all processes are followed and optimized. To succeed in this role, it’s essential to have extensive sales management experience, including managing leaders-of-leaders and strong strategic and analytical thinking capabilities. This leader will also provide cross-functional leadership to other Revenue and work with customer group leaders. This role will report to the President.
Built’s base salary range for this position is $225,000 - $275,000 USD per year. The pay range is designed to accommodate upward mobility in the role, therefore it encompasses the full span of proficiency levels for this role and we believe that the midpoint of the range is competitive in the market. Salary is just one component of Built's total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Built will include equity, variable compensation, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, an unlimited PTO policy, and other benefits.
Develop and execute a new client acquisition strategy that aligns the Marketing, Business Development, Sales and Post Sales teams with company growth goals:
- Define and exceed defined targets for sales and marketing volume, revenue, top of funnel pipeline growth, market share, and other key financial performance objectives.
- Ensure revenue forecast accuracy, effectively and proactively communicating the health status of the forecast to leadership.
- Accountable for effective sales organization design and resource deployment in support of defined company metrics and growth objectives including hiring, onboarding and coaching the sales team to peak performance.
- Build scalable processes and teams to allow Built to be >10x our current size.
- Establish and maintain the sales organization’s processes, guiding principles and performance management systems ensuring that all sales team members are frequently held accountable for assigned results.
- Collaborate with other Built executives and leaders to decide on business strategies.
- Develop effective teams and team members who exemplify the Built Guiding Principles. Serve as a coach and mentor to all sales team members.
- Represent Sales in corporate strategic planning, resource planning and budgeting.
Experience and Requirements:
- 10+ years experience building, leading and scaling successful sales teams.
- Experience building teams selling enterprise level deals and also higher volume, lower touch sales teams
- Experience selling multiple products and into multiple market sectors
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and management skills
- In depth knowledge of different sales methodologies and techniques
- And/or experience with software, marketplace, and payment sales motions preferred
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Built Technologies (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for current or future employment. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability.
For California residents: Please note that Controller does not sell your personal data or share it with third parties outside of Greenhouse Software, Inc.