Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built’s platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean’s 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
- Built Technologies is looking for an Engineering Manager to manage our integrations team and a legacy application in the Built for Contractors team. This high-growth division of Built is focused on bringing multiple new products to market over the next year, with a focus on third-party integrations to make our products an indispensable part of our customers’ workflows. The Built for Contractors division is akin to a startup within Built, iterating quickly and building new organizational capabilities. We're looking for a candidate who can hit the ground running and make an immediate impact on our team and organization. Engineering Managers at Built serve as people leaders, technical leaders, and delivery managers for their teams.
- The B4C integrations team is a vital part of the growth and success of the Built for Contractors product suite and keeping customers of our legacy product is vital to their eventual transition to our newer offerings.
- Tech stack:
- The integrations team works with a combination of tools and technologies, including Typescript, React, Nestjs, Graphql, DynamoDB, and Workato, along with tooling built around the 3rd party APIs we support integrations for and are building.
- The legacy product uses PHP, React, and MySQL.
- We are dedicated to creating the best for our customers. The EM in this role should be putting the needs of the customer first.
- The Built for Contractors team has delivered an integration to Procore, an ERP for the construction industry, and are working on a roadmap of several others to deliver.
Role Summary & Scope
- Challenge/Role: The Engineering Manager for this role will be essential to the delivery of product goals for shipping high quality software to customers. Customers in the industry are highly tied to other tools outside of Built’s who we want to support, which opens up significant market share opportunities.
- Opportunity: This is an incredible opportunity to manage a team and deliver on very high priority business goals. A successful engineering manager will help facilitate significant growth.
Responsibilities / What you'll do
- Develop and coach 2 teams of engineers
- Drive delivery of high level integration projects
- Drive technical excellence
- Work cross functionally with the business to ensure product goals are understood and met
- Champion quality
- Be a voice for the customer
- Review architectural specifications
- Conduct PR reviews
- Provide consistent growth and feedback opportunities for direct reports
- Operate scrum ceremonies and serve as the agile scrum master
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering management role, leading teams in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and external partners
- Passion for fostering a culture of innovation, learning, and continuous improvement
- Project delivery: The role involves driving the delivery of high-level integration projects, so a track record of successfully delivering software products is essential
Built’s salary range for this position is $145,000 - $210,000 USD per year. The pay range is designed to accommodate upward mobility in the role, therefore it encompasses the full span of proficiency levels for this role and we believe that the midpoint of the range is competitive in the market. Salary is just one component of Built's total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Built will include equity, variable compensation, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, an unlimited PTO policy, and other benefits.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Built Technologies (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for current or future employment. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability.
For California residents: Please note that Controller does not sell your personal data or share it with third parties outside of Greenhouse Software, Inc.