We believe the financial markets can and should work for everyone. Capitolis is the technology company helping to create safer and more vibrant capital markets by unlocking capital constraints and enabling greater access to more diversified capital and investment opportunities. Rooted in advanced technology and deep financial expertise, Capitolis powers groundbreaking financial solutions that drive growth for global and regional banks – and institutional investors alike. Capitolis is backed by world class venture capital firms, including Canapi Ventures, 9Yards Capital, SVB Capital, Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, and S Capital, as well as leading global banks such as J.P. Morgan, Citi and State Street.
Founded in 2017, our team brings decades of experience in launching successful startups, technology, and financial services. Capitolis was recently named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of The World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 as well as Crain's 2022 Best Places to Work in New York City list.
Capitolis is looking for a passionate, experienced and curios DevOps Engineer to take an active part in designing, implementing and maintaining complex financial infrastructures in a high paced production environment.
- Enhance business continuity of a production system in the finance sector
- Deploy & manage advanced security solutions to protect high volume/value trades and transactions.
- Supporting an exactly-once with zero data loss transaction processing system.
- Deploy and maintain infrastructure automation and configuration management tools
- Design and implement an orchestration solution for dozens of containerized micro-services.
- Support, improve and upgrade a continuous deployment environment.
- Support improve and update our DevOps Technology Stack: AWS, Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible, Terraform, Python, DataDog, ELK & more
Who You Are
- At least 3 years of experience as a DevOps
- Corporate Information Security hands on experience
- Hands on experience in supporting business continuity of Critical Production Systems
- Broad understanding of networking
- Vast understanding of Linux based operating systems
- Experienced with continuous integration tools
- Experience with IaaS cloud solution (preferably AWS)
- At least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Groovy, Bash)
- Experienced with Kubernetes, Docker containers management and orchestration
- Good interpersonal communication and written skills in English
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience – plus
- A real passion to automating the boring stuff
Nice to have
- Experience with CI/CD integrations with SCM and code review tools.
- Experience with Helm Charts
- Experience with Cloud Cost reduction
Our Company Values
We operate with a clear set of values that guide us — our way of being, decisions, and actions. These values define who we are, and we are committed to all of them. These values are uniquely ours. If these values — all of them — speak to you, this is an amazing place, but we are not for everyone. Learn more about our Company Values here.
- We lead with purpose, while creating exceptional value
- We pursue big breakthroughs, responsibly
- We learn from the best and are unapologetically independent
- We are obsessed with the future and fanatical about executing today
- We play tough, with heart
Our People Attributes
Our People Attributes are characteristics that describe the DNA of Capitolis employees. They provide a consistent framework to hire, assess, and develop our team against. Learn more about our People Attributes on our careers page here.
- Super Smart: quality thinking and know what good looks like
- Badass: all in, get stuff done, and high standards
- Good Human: collaborative, open-minded, authentic and real, and pursue self-actualization