Software Engineer in Test, SDET
What you will be doing:
- Define the scope and procedures for quality engineering of the application, including the development and maintenance of automated test scripts using Jest, Kotlin and Node.js
- Determining the best automation framework fit to enable developers to own testing features as part of the acceptance criteria
- Test APIs for resiliency, latency, and performance across many components
- Assist in the process and plan for extending all tests and bring them to automated build tests
- Collaborate with developers and product owners to understand customer's needs, focus on important features of the application, database use and have automate everything mind set
- Understand how to create reusable components in projects to distribute as libraries and packages, for consumption across other applications
- Triage potential problems with logging solutions, and identify the best course of action for test coverage at a unit, integration and e2e level, for future mitigation during production incidents.
- Interface with service teams on a regular basis and execute POCs or workshops that enable improvements to the testing lifecycle. Some examples include: training newer team members on existing frameworks, soliciting feedback on potential tools or utilities that would improve confidence in shipping, and speaking and facilitating at Communities of Practice
- Understand and support the implementation of quality in the CICD pipeline; identify when, where and how tests should run, and update pipeline files to achieve those goals
- Own testing metrics to track to identify gaps and identify ways to report the metrics to drive improvements at multiple levels.
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization's desired culture and core values.
What you should bring:
- Experience with using api automation frameworks like TestNG.
- Ability to communicate and plan how to enable automation with the development team.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to analyze complex problems in large systems.
- Experience with Jenkins, Github Actions, or similar CICD provider to integrate test suites for execution
- Deep understanding on how to test APIs and microservices
- A history of success, and ability to triage bugs to a root cause
- Ability to quickly learn, change, and “upgrade” to new technologies
- Experience with JIRA and Atlassian products, how to create and manage work, and facilitate dashboards with progress.
Nice to have:
- Experience with non functional testing automation, and usage of K6/JMeter
- Experience testing graphQL
- Experience with Test processes, open source test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests in Java with frameworks like JUnit/TestNG, Selenium, JMeter and Appium is preferred.
- Prior consulting experience: bring the mindset of the customer for the external partner team; understand the needs of the project and the frictions for testing with the development team
- Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure customer project deliverables.