- You will work cross-functionally with the product development, marketing, compliance, finance, operations, and Partnership/Business Development teams to structure, draft and negotiate a wide variety of contracts so that they are compliant with legal, regulatory, compliance and company policies and risk tolerances.
- For example, the types of contracts you will negotiate and revise include Marketing Services Agreements, Insertion Orders, SaaS development agreements, Partnership Agreements, vendor agreements and advertising/commercial development agreements.
- You will also draft and provide legal/regulatory review of Sweepstakes and Contest Rules, and marketing disclaimers and disclosures.
- You will work with the Partnership/Business Development Team to help negotiate with Banks and Credit Unions regarding our template Master Referral Agreements.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of legal experience as a commercial transactional legal counsel, with at least 3+ years of law firm experience
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with priorities that are constantly changing
- Be a utility player who is able to negotiate a wide variety of legal contracts covering a diverse array of legal issues on a daily basis, and be comfortable rolling up your sleeves to negotiate contracts in new and unfamiliar areas of law as the Company explores new products and services to offer our Greenlight families.
- Ability to work independently, juggle multiple projects at a time, and learn how to prioritize activities by level of importance to the organization.
- Experience working with SaaS providers or with social media companies and other direct to consumer marketing channels is desirable but not required.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school
- Ability to obtain qualification to work as in-house counsel in the State of Georgia (see Rule 5.5 of Georgia Rules of Professional Conduct)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- You must be a creative problem solver who will use strong legal acumen to solve novel business challenges in a legally compliant manner.
- You must be able to exercise common sense and good judgment, while working independently.
- You need to be flexible working with a diverse group of individuals across multiple time zones and multiple departments with differing levels of familiarity with working with the Legal Department.
- You need to be an enthusiastic supporter of our mission to help parents raise financially smart kids as it drives everything we do at Greenlight.
Work perks at Greenlight:
- Medical, dental, vision, and HSA match
- Paid life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Traditional 401k with company match and Roth IRA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid company holidays and pop-up bonus holidays
- Wellness & professional development stipends
- Mental health resources
- 1:1 financial planners
- Fertility healthcare
- 100% paid parental and caregiving leave, plus cleaning service and meals during your leave
- Flexible WFH, both remote and in-office opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, and occasional in-office happy hours
- Employee resource groups