Strategic Finance Manager
- Establish close cross-functional working working relationships with business leaders to develop an understanding of their issues and needs; act as a liaison between these business leaders and executive management to drive attainment of business goals
- Support our product, engineering, marketing, and business development teams with detailed custom financial modeling, scenario analysis, and market insights for prospective products and initiatives
- Analyze actual financial results vs budget/forecast and partner with business leaders to drive insightful and actionable decision support
- Help manage the financial model, including forecasting, budgeting, resource allocation and long-range planning
- Support the Accounting Team in month-end and quarter-end close processes and audit support
- Prepare analyses for potential strategic acquisition, partnership, or investment opportunities
What we're looking for in you:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Not afraid to speak up when seeking answers to critical issues and comfortable presenting recommendations to executives.
- Strong ownership mentality. Must be detail oriented and committed to producing work at a high standard.
- Creative mindset for building bespoke financial models for a diverse set of cross-functional needs.
- Data driven approach to analyzing problems and supporting decisions.
- Adaptability and flexibility. Startups require the ability to pivot when necessary.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Background working in venture-backed companies, investment banking, or investing (experience in FinTech or a start-up environment is a plus)
- 5+ years directly relatable work experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Advanced Excel / Google Sheets modeling and technical skills
- Excellent analytical skills and mindset
- Proven ability to influence across functions and levels
- Enthusiasm to learn and evolve skillset over time
- Strong accounting and systems knowledge (experience implementing and/or using financial planning software is a plus)
- Strong data visualization skills and an ability to synthesize complicated analyses in simple ways
Work perks at Greenlight:
- Medical, dental, vision, and HSA match
- Paid life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Traditional 401k with company match and Roth IRA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid company holidays and pop-up bonus holidays
- Wellness & professional development stipends
- Mental health resources
- 1:1 financial planners
- Fertility healthcare
- 100% paid parental and caregiving leave, plus cleaning service and meals during your leave
- Flexible WFH, both remote and in-office opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, and occasional in-office happy hours
- Employee resource groups