Risk Management Specialist
Atlanta, GA, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
Greenlight is the leading family fintech company on a mission to help parents raise financially smart kids. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids with our award-winning banking app for families. With Greenlight, parents can automate allowance, manage chores, set flexible spend controls, and invest for their family’s future. Kids and teens learn to earn, save, spend wisely, and invest.
At Greenlight, we believe every child should have the opportunity to become financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, and that’s why we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for the next generation depends on it.
We are looking for a Risk Management Specialist to join Greenlight’s Risk Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing and assessing accounts for the purpose of loss previous and risk mitigation. You will have the opportunity to partner with multiple departments across the organization including but not limited to; customer service, risk management, data, and strategy teams to support a growing and evolving organization.
This position reports to the Manager, Risk Operations.
- Perform detailed analysis of high-risk add funds, purchases, and money movement via real time queues; resolving Fraud Alerts promptly to mitigate potential revenue losses and customer harm.
- Support customer calls/inquiries escalated from Customer Service Representatives.
- Maintain performance standards set by the business to ensure efficiencies and accurate decision making.
- Determine existing fraud trends by analyzing accounts and transaction patterns and share feedback on observations.
- Recommend best practices based on observation of changing patterns and trends.
- Identify fraud rule and fraud system improvements to mitigate fraud loss and increase department efficiency while maintaining good customer experience.
- Respond to banking partner inquiries regarding suspicious card activity as needed.
- Interact with external customers to validate information provided to supplement the KYC process and transaction validation.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 2+ years experience in a risk review environment
- Knowledge of back-end systems supporting consumer transactions and operational procedures
- Understanding of Risk Assessment Methodologies
- Strong analytical, research, and attention to detail skills
- Ability to adjust to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work independently as part of a team
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self- Starter who proactively seeks learning and development opportunities
- Proficiency in Google apps and fraud solutions providers (LexisNexis, IDology, Zendesk etc.)
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience
Not sure this one’s for you? Don’t count yourself out. Show us what you’ve got and we’ll reach out if there’s a great fit.
Work perks at Greenlight:
- Medical, dental, vision, and HSA match
- Paid life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Traditional 401k with company match and Roth IRA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid company holidays and pop-up bonus holidays
- Wellness & professional development stipends
- Mental health resources
- 1:1 financial planners
- Fertility healthcare
- 100% paid parental and caregiving leave, plus cleaning service and meals during your leave
- Flexible WFH, both remote and in-office opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, and occasional in-office happy hours
- Employee resource groups
Our stance on salaries:
Greenlight provides a competitive compensation package with a market-based approach to pay and will vary depending on your location, experience and skill set. The total compensation package for this position will also include a discretionary performance bonus, equity rewards, medical benefits, 401K match, and more. Greenlight conducts continuous compensation evaluations across departments and geographies to ensure we are keeping our pay current and competitive.
The estimated base pay range for this position in (NY, CA, WA): $45,000-70,000
The estimated base pay range for this position in (CO): $45,000-60,000
Who we are:
It takes a special team to aim for a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We’re looking for people who love working together because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a financially smart generation, apply to join our team.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.