Sr. Software Engineer 2
Life at MX
We are driven by our moral imperative to advance mankind - and it all starts with our people, product and purpose. We always carry a deep sense of drive and passion with us. If you thrive in a challenging work environment, surrounded by incredible team members who will help you grow, MX is the right place for you.
Come build with us and be part of an award-winning company that’s helping create meaningful and lasting change in the financial industry.
Sr. Software Engineer 2
Our software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with their finances. Our products need to handle data at a massive scale. You’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. We have opportunities in a wide range of areas including development, design, search, platform, test, quality, big data, front end and back end. As a core participant of your team, you’ll estimate engineering efforts, design your changes, implement and test your changes, push to live, and triage production issues. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences, improve existing products, and develop distributed systems powering the world to be financially strong.
We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- Write product or system development code.
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Enforce clean code and excellent coding practices by conducting thoughtful code reviews.
- Help us build and maintain a world-class technology system so we can achieve our mission of making the world financially strong.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers to meet and exceed customer needs in the simplest possible ways.
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
- Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on hardware, network, or service operations and quality.
- Actively participate in system architecture discussions and technical design reviews to ensure scalability, reliability, and security.
- Lead by example, and elevate the design, implementation, quality, and strong engineering practices across the team.
- Drive projects and initiatives to implement high quality systems and products
- Coach and support engineers on the team, with a strong focus on feedback and growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages with data structures or algorithms.
- 5+ years of experience testing, maintaining, or launching software products, and 3 years of experience with software design and architecture.
Advanced Requirements (not required)
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical fields.
At MX, we utilize a hybrid work model, which allows us to attract top talent, provide work-life balance, and increase productivity through collaboration. Our team members enjoy a balance of remote work and monthly in-person collaboration meetings. Travel expectations are about 15%, and the company covers travel expenses for remote employees. Local employees are encouraged to utilize in-office time on a weekly basis. Both local and remote employees can take advantage of our incredible office space with onside perks like company-paid meals, onsite massage therapist, golf simulator, and meditation room to name a few.
The expected earnings for this role could be comprised of a base salary and other forms of cash compensation, such as bonus or commissions as applicable. The base salary is $132,500 - $159,000. This pay range is just one component of MX's total rewards package. MX takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location, skillset, peer compensation.
**Please note that this position does not accept sponsorship candidates at this time. Only US-based candidates who are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship, now or in the future, will be considered for this role.
MX is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, military or veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We particularly welcome applications from veterans and military spouses. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. You may request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to email@example.com.