Director of Data Science
- International Credit Underwriting Analytics: Lead the Credit Passport team in their work with global credit data to enable newcomers to get their foot in the door of lenders worldwide. Leverage and integrate data streams to deliver reporting and analytic insights with a focus on providing end users with superior credit risk and underwriting strategies, model risk management, and governance.
- Bureau integrations: The credit passport teams are responsible for improving and maintaining our integrations with bureaus around the world, serving newcomers into a broad range of geos (currently live in the US, Canada, Singapore, UK, and UAE) as well as rapidly expanding the number of countries we support with high-quality data in mind and efficiencies at scale.
- Data & Analytics Strategy: Research and contribute to the formulation of our long-term data strategy with global credit bureaus, alternative data providers, and evolving predictive data sources
- Business Support: Develop a robust customer-facing knowledge base and tools to communicate our platform's intricacies, bureau integrations, and data assets. Support our business development and customer success teams in product expansion, inquiry, and resolution work streams.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Interface with engineering management to guide the stable and reliable deployment of data science insights into product knowledge
- People Management: Lead and support a small team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts in building out our global data and analysis strategy
WITHIN THE FIRST MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Understand Nova Credit's Credit Passport analytics strategy
- Contribute to key ongoing Credit Passport projects
- Meet the team and explore their skills/competencies
WITHIN THE FIRST QUARTER, YOU'LL:
- Thrive within your core responsibilities and start looking ahead to what the future of our Credit Passport product should look like from a data science perspective.
WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR, YOU'LL:
- Have successfully executed the 12-month goals we set out together after your first quarter while leading a high-performing team.
- 7+ years experience working with credit underwriting analytics, credit data, and strategy development
- Strong people-management skills, having previously led a small team of data scientists and analysts
- Experience in consumer financial services, with the capacity to develop industry-standard analyses and tools
- Experience with analytical tools (SQL, Python) and data monitoring tooling (e.g., Tableau, Looker)
- Intellectual curiosity is essential, along with creativity and technical expertise, as you work with data from diverse sources to develop powerful insights