Mid/Senior Software Engineer - API Integration
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. Our diverse global team is stitching together the world's credit data into a single network to unlock financial opportunities for new-to-country, new-to-credit, and other populations that have been historically marginalized in the credit system. We've developed the world's foremost expertise in credit data connectivity, standardization, analytics, and compliance required to unlock the power of open finance to benefit a broader base of consumers and lenders. We serve some of the world's preeminent firms, including AmEx, HSBC, Scotiabank, SoFi, and Verizon, and our mission is backed by leading investors, such as Canapi, General Catalyst, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and Y Combinator.
For a more in-depth look at our engineering culture, check out our page on Key Values.
- Own development of high-impact features and improvements to our API integration platform, which powers our cashflow products.
- Integrate new consumer-permissioned data APIs into our platform.
- Improve observability around API integration and data ingestion for internal or customer needs.
- Develop internal tooling, frameworks, and unit testing to improve devex, velocity, and quality.
- Participate in standard engineering activities like technical design, code reviews, on-call support, documentation, and sprint ceremonies.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience integrating external APIs and leveraging related protocols (e.g., https, oauth, jwt, webhooks)
- Proficient with SQL; experienced with advanced queries, schema design, functions, indexes, partitioning)
- Experience building JS-based web systems (e.g., Express.js)
- Experience with observability tools like Grafana, Kibana, or Datadog
- Ability to design sound, highly performant solutions in AWS; articulate design decisions and tradeoffs.
- Firm grasp of software testing methodologies and troubleshooting skills
- Curious, self-driven, and eager to learn
- Integrate new third-party APIs into our product. This includes data validation/monitoring, mapping, persistence, and job scheduling
- Introduce code patterns or build libraries that help reduce API integration time
- Build a monitoring system that detects shifts in third-party API data, improving data quality observability
- Create dashboards that articulately describe past results to customers or internal stakeholders
- Reduce latency of API ingestion process to cut down customer-facing e2e latency
YOU SHOULD ESPECIALLY APPLY IF:
- You want to have a big impact on your next company
- You want to be part of a scale-up
- You normally go the extra mile to ensure excellent execution
- You're quick to take the lead when problems arise
- You're opinionated about software engineering practices and can articulate compelling reasons for those opinions
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal-opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace, and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.