Director of Software Engineering
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
As the Director of Engineering, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our technical vision and ensuring the growth and success of our engineering teams. This position requires a strong focus on people management, mentorship, and fostering a collaborative and inclusive engineering culture. Additionally, you will be responsible for guiding and implementing sound architectural decisions that align with our business goals and technology roadmap.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of talented engineers, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Oversee the professional development and career growth of engineering team members through effective coaching, feedback, and performance evaluations.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the technical architecture of our products and systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and prioritize engineering initiatives that align with business objectives.
- Manage engineering resources effectively, ensuring optimal team productivity and project delivery.
- Foster clear and transparent communication within the engineering team and across other departments.
- Proven experience in leading and managing engineering teams, with a focus on people development.
- Strong technical background with experience in software development, system architecture, and design.
- Proficiency in a variety of programming languages, frameworks, and technologies relevant to our industry and product offerings.
- Demonstrated success in implementing and driving best practices within engineering teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and build strong relationships.
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills, with the ability to align technical initiatives with overall business objectives.
We’re on a mission to power a billion helpful banking moments, and we’re using cutting-edge conversational AI to do it. Our platform powers digital assistants like Citadel’s Adel, TruWest’s Trudy, Salem Five’s Sally, and dozens more. We arm any financial institution with the capability to provide an exceptional, conversational customer experience regardless of their assets under management or the communities they serve.
This is an incredibly exciting time to consider joining Posh. In November 2021, we closed a $31mm Series A venture round that will allow us to continue investing in our product and people. In 2022, we doubled our team size from 35 to 70, and we increased our customer base by four times. We have big goals, and we’re looking for people to help us achieve them.
Why we're a great place to join
- We value growth. We want you to be smarter and more capable than the day you joined. To that end, we celebrate regular “growth days” for you to learn what you want.
- We’re building this together. We’ve designed our teams to be cross-functional, and we know a diversity of perspectives is required for success.
- We value you. We offer competitive compensation (cash and equity), benefits, and employee perks.
- Our technology is cutting-edge. We ship fast and always look for opportunities to improve our product.
- Our customers love our products. It’s the reason we’re growing, and the inspiration for new product ideas.
- We make mistakes. Building a company is hard, and we don’t get everything right every time.